I came across a great slide show on WebMD listing out 22 ways to stay on track with your diet. There are so many diets out there, of course I think the Carb Cycling diet is one of the best but it all depends on what works best for you. That said there are a number of habits you can start today that will help you lose weight and get healthy.
You can find the slideshow here: Best Diet Tips Ever
Here are my top 10 from the article with some of my own additional thoughts:
- Drink plenty of water. If you need to add some flavor to your water, try Nuun tablets, they add a electrolytes and a bit of flavor with less than 10 calories. I found the best price on Amazon, click the link below to check them out.
- Be selective with night time snacks. A bowl of cereal or bag of chips is a bad idea, instead try a cup of Greek yogurt or maybe some low-fat ice cream. I like to use cones, it limits how much ice cream I can have in a serving.
- Eat 4 to 5 meals or snacks a day to keep your blood sugar balanced. Your body will have a much easier time processing and making use of smaller calorie meals throughout the day instead of just 2 or 3 big meals each day.
- Eat protein with every meal. Protein is more filling and keeps you feeling fuller longer.
- Stock your kitchen with healthy convenient foods and try to avoid buying unhealthy snacks and junk food. If the junk isn’t in your house you won’t be tempted.
- Swap out a cup of pasta or rice for a cup of vegetables. You will greatly reduce the calories and you will be doing something good for your body.
- Always, Always eat breakfast. This is so important to get your day off to a great start. If you skip breakfast, you are more likely to snack on whatever you can find.
- Get enough sleep.
- Understand portion sizes. Do you know what one portion of pasta or cereal looks like. Quick hint, its not a full bowl!
- Keep a food diary. Hey you can get one of those for free on my site, jump over to FitRecipe.Net.
Hope you find this information of value.
Jesse Morgan – www.fitrecipe.net