If you’re looking for delicious, low fat meals, they have you covered with these 5 Healthy Meals Under 10 Grams of Fat. Plenty of protein and super flavorful, you’re going to want to add these recipes to your weekly meal plan.
- 1 yellow squash
- 1 orange – peeled
- 1 pluot – pitted
- 3 oz blueberries
- 1/2 lemon – juiced
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup ice
High in fiber and low in sugar, blueberries have been shown to help reduce the risk of cognitive decline. Pairing them with a vitamin C-infused orange and lemon (both fantastic for your skin), an incredibly sweet pluot (an apricot / plum hybrid full of fiber, potassium and even more vitamin C), a yellow squash (vitamin A and … you guessed it, more vitamin C!), and healthy fat and protein from chia seeds creates a perfect breakfast smoothie that will help you feel energetic and fresh all day long.
For more information : https://greenblender.com/smoothies/recipes/blueberry-lemon-chia
Eating healthy doesn’t have to be expensive. Unfortunately grocery stores love to direct you to the products where they can make the most money, like soda, chips, cookies and cereals. It still shocks me to see that a bottle of water usually costs more than a similar size bottle of soda or that you can get an entire back of chips for the price of two apples.
If you are shopping on a budget, there are ways you can eat healthy and still keep your costs down. Check out the links below for some great ways to eat healthy without breaking the bank.
Don’t forget to check out my book Make Ahead Meals: Quick and Healthy Dinner and Lunch Recipes for great ideas on healthy meals you can quickly prepare and then freeze for lunch or dinner.
Jesse Morgan – www.fitrecipe.net
Do you prepare your own meals to bring to lunch or do you you grab something out most days? Packing your own lunch can save money, save calories, save time and help you to stay healthy.
Here is an article tying in a scientific study and some general ideas on why brown bagging is the way to go.
If you need ideas on what to make for lunch, be sure to check out my book
Make Ahead Meals book.
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration posts a weekly digest with information about recalled food products. Here is a partial list from the latest report. You can view the complete report at the link below.
- Foods with undeclared items
- Trader Joe’s – A dozen Sweet Bites – Coconut
- Royal Frozen Foods Blintzes – Milk
- Ossieaes Pickled Lox & Cream – Eggs
- Foods that could be contaminated
- Hines Nuts – Walnut Halves abnd Pieces – Possible Salmonella
- Whole Foods – Raw Macadamia Nuts – Possible Salmonella
- Conway Organic Sesame Ginger Dressing – Possible Salmonella
- Superior Nut & Candy Co – 40z packs of Pine Nuts – Possible Salmonella
- Blue Bell Creameries – All Products – Possible Listeria
- La Clarita Queseria Quesco Fresco “Fresh Cheese” – Possible Staphylococcus aureus
- Jeni’s Splendid Ice Creams – All Products – Possible Listeria monocytogenes
- Inventure Foods – Certain varieties of Fresh Frozen line of Frozen vegetables – Possible Listeria Monocytogens
- Jamba “At Home” Smoothie kits – Possible Listeria monocytogenes
You can find the complete details on the FDA site listed below.
You can sign up for the FDA alert mailing list here: